Friday, January 29, 2010

Chicken Verde Soup

My family loves food that is delicious and simple. My sister made this soup for my parents, then my mom made it for me, and now I'm sharing it with you! If you're a fan at all of Mexican food, tortilla soup or easy recipes, you've got to try this one.

1 box chicken stock (32 oz-ish)
1 jar/bottle verde salsa (14-16 oz)
1 rotisserie chicken: chopped or shredded
2 cans white beans, drained
2 T cumin

Heat & eat. Tastes really good with tortilla chips crumbled in. Sour cream & cheese are also good topping options for the lactose tolerant.

You can't beat a recipe with only five ingredients! When I made this recipe, I shredded my chicken a few days in advance then decided to make my own broth with the bones as described at the end of this post on my friend Amy's blog New Nostalgia. I didn't have all the veggies & herbs on hand, so I skipped those & added a few sprinkles of general purpose Italian seasoning & it turned out quite well! I prepped my soup about an hour before serving and let it simmer until dinner time just so all the flavors would have plenty of time to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment